Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Building Habits

At the beginning of December, I set some goals for myself for the 2015 season. But it's so hard to work toward a goal without an actual game plan, so I made one of those too. Writing it down made it real. Putting it on the refrigerator so I would see it everyday made it scary. So, I'm tackling this monster one month at a time. In December, I drank at least 8 glasses of water per day, averaged over 8 hours of sleep per night, did yoga/stretching at least 4x per week and did a 1 minute plank almost every day. I did not get to the bike park once a week. I did not do bike sprints even once. Lesson learned – I put too much shit on my “to do” list. Making goals is frightening, sharing them with other people makes me want to throw up. Too much vulnerability. But you know what? It's January, and I'm going to the bike park today.

No comments:

Post a Comment