Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday Gear Review - Club Ride Mountain Surf Short

First things first - I am a HUGE product knowledge dork. I love reading gear reviews and manufacturer catalogs, specifically outdoor clothing related. I also work retail, so I'm used to picking apart apparel constantly. Here's the first Tuesday Gear Review!



Photo Courtesy of http://dirtyjane.com

I've been riding exclusively with these shorts for about a month now and have logged 100+ miles. As a side note - I am using them with the My Alibi Clothing Bloomer Chamois Shorts which is a killer combo. Here's the breakdown on the good, the bad, and the plain old facts.




What I Like: 

  • Shorter inseam than most baggy shorts. My husband affectionately refers to these as my "booty shorts" (note - for long climbs/high mileage this slowly turns into a negative, as they can ride up slightly causing my thighs to touch the saddle)
  • Wicked lightweight fabric that dries suspiciously quickly, but in the meantime people may or may not think you've peed your pants
  • Snap closure - Yay! I have a history of destroying regular buttons and their shitty thread
  • 2 large hand pockets (considering the shorter inseam) and 1 zippered right/rear pocket. The zipper pocket is pretty much only good for a car key, energy gel, or that old Motorola Krzr in your junk drawer.

What I Can't Stand:
  • Camel toe - let's be honest
  • Shorter inseam (told you) won't accommodate all liner/chamois shorts, so be sure to look into this 
  • I am a size 10 and take a size Large - which leaves me frustrated, yet again, with the outdoor industry for not offering larger sizes. Chicks who ride bikes have big thighs!

Techy Things:
  • Gusseted crotch so you don't split your pants!
  • Abrasion resistant and lightweight PowerWeaveTM material 
  • 6" inseam


Thanks for stopping by! I would love to get some more feedback from other ladies on these shorts, feel free to comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment